I know we sometimes feel like we have to work work work work work and if we take a break, everything we’ve worked for will come crashing down around us.
The truth is – the exact opposite is true. Taking time away from your business will not only not cause your business to fail, it will make it better than you ever dreamed!
You’ll find links to everything mentioned below the podcast.
Here are the links to the resources mentioned in this episode:
- Gary Vaynerchuck talk where he tells you to stop watching Lost (there is language, so maybe don’t listen with your kiddos around)
- If you don’t want to watch the whole thing, you can catch that clip here
- People I follow who are NOT teaching “hustle”
- Set Godin
- Tara Gentile
- Denise Duffield Thomas
- Pat Flynn
- Brook Castillo
- Psychology Today article that talks about the science behind your brain only being able to work on one thing at a time
- Video of Oprah talking about bricks falling on you
- Episode 29 – Productivity Hacks for Your Brain
- Jenna Daykin – In the Details Darling
- Amy Porterfield interview with Brook Castillo where they talk about doing B- work
How to design your life so that you aren’t working all day, every day.
- Set boundaries!
- What hours in the day will you set aside as non- work time?
- Will you quit at a certain time each evening? Or set aside several hours in the middle of the day?
- What are the limits you’ll put on your weekend work?
- Use productivity hacks so you don’t waste time on the tasks you have to do. Do NOT fill this extra time with more work. 🙂
- Accept B- work
- Be selective about who you follow and pay attention to. Are they living the life you want? Are they teaching things that feel right and good to you? That will help you build the life you want?
- Be selective about what you say “YES” to. Clients, marketing opportunities, webinars, conferences, FAM trips… Will that opportunity help you build the life and business you dream of?
- Plan your free time! Make a list things you enjoy doing that don’t have ANYTHING to do with your business. Keep it on your phone. And when you have that downtime, do those things!
If you’re already overwhelmed and overscheduled, prioritize – what HAS to get done TODAY? Do those things. Repeat this until you’re caught up, then change it to – what has to get done by tomorrow… repeat until you are a few days ahead, and then start scheduling that free time in your schedule.
AND get access to ALL of the downloads for this, and all past and future episodes by signing up for the FREE Travel Geniuses Membership. This will also get you on the email list so you can be notified about everything that’s coming up 🙂
TRANSCRIPT (coming soon)
(please note that this is a transcript, not a written blog post, or article. It’s pretty much word for word what was said on the podcast, which is just me talking to you, my friends, so will sound different than something I wrote.)