Have you ever thought about starting a podcast but thought – no one would want to listen to ME. And who wants another travel podcast, anyway??
I happen to think a LOT of people will want to hear from you about travel, and other topics related to your niche. You’ll hear why, and get some tips for getting started, in this episode.
You’ll find links to everything mentioned below the podcast.
Here are the links to the resources mentioned in this episode:
(some of these may be affiliate links but they are products I use and/or would recommend to my mom, if she was a travel agent.)
The first mic I used (and honestly, I liked the sound from it better than the one I use now) was the Blue Snowball
The mic I’m using now is the Blue Yeti
Samson Q2U is very popular and comes with a USB cable AND an XLR cable if you ever decide to upgrade your equipment.
This is the boom arm I’m using. I used a mic stand for a while but found I kept touching it and fiddling with it while I was recording (sorry for all the extra noises in the last few episodes! This is why.) I LOVE this boom arm because it makes me feel super pro, and keeps my hands away from the mic 🙂
I don’t use a shock mount but this will show you what it is.
- A pop filter is necessary
- Software tools
- Garage Band if you have a mac
- Audacity if you have a pc
- Skype or Zoom for recording interviews
- Host your podcast with Libsyn or Buzzsprout (signing up for a paid plan with Buzzsprout through this link will earn you a $20 Amazon gift card after your second paid month.
- Find royalty free music for your intro and outro at Audio Jungle
- Create your show’s artwork using Canva OR by hiring a graphic designer on Fiverr
- Pat’s Course on podcasting – Power-Up Podcasting
- Episode 34 – where I talk about how to come up with content topic ideas
- They Ask, You Answer – a great book that will help you come up with topic ideas
Sign up for FREE access to the printable podcast planning worksheet HERE (go to episodes 23-50, then find Episode 40)
CLICK HERE to learn more about my new project Travel Geniuses Websites!
Would you like to get access to ALL of the printable resources for past and present episodes, all in one place? Sign up for your free membership and get instant access by signing up for the FREE Travel Geniuses Membership. This will also get you on the email list so you can be notified about everything that’s coming up 🙂
TRANSCRIPT (coming soon)
(please note that this is a transcript, not a written blog post, or article. It’s pretty much word for word what was said on the podcast, which is just me talking to you, my friends, so will sound different than something I wrote.)